Think healthy eating is bland? No way! Healthy eating tastes great! Keep it interesting: get creative with cooking strategies, experiment with new foods and flavours and refresh your recipes.
Dietitians love experimenting with new ways to enjoy healthy foods. Try their tasty tips:
- Roast cauliflower with olive oil, lemon wedges and garlic for a sensational side dish.
- Tapas anyone? Switch up Saturday supper: serve several veggie-filled finger foods for a relaxing meal.
- Boost protein and fibre in berry smoothies by adding cooked red lentils.
- Top defrosted frozen raspberries with a spoonful of vanilla yogurt for a sweet snack.
- Sprinkle baby spinach or arugula with fresh lemon juice, a little olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and Parmesan cheese for a simply delicious side salad.
- Grill pears and sprinkle with a little shaved dark chocolate and slivered almonds for a delectable dessert.
- Snack on a small portion of cooked barley mixed with defrosted frozen blueberries, flax seeds and a hint of maple syrup.